Air conditioners help big time in dealing with heat. They are our comfort and solace against the sun’s harsh rays. However, air conditioners can fail and stop working without any warning and you’re left wondering why. Some of the most common problems of air conditioners are:
• Wrong size of air conditioners. This is caused by an improper air conditioner installation. It could either be too big or too small for the room and this situation leads to more problems later on.
• Leaks in air conditioners. The leaks in air conditioners could lead to a leak in refrigerant and if this happens, you can’t just add more refrigerant because it will not solve the problem. A technician needs to be contacted to fix and leak and repair the system.
• Noisy air conditioners. The noise is often caused by a dislodged fan belt in an air conditioning unit and can be repaired by repositioning the belt to its rightful place.
• Smelly air conditioners. This is caused by inefficient evaporation or the stagnant water in air conditioners which results in molds, mildew and others which give off a bad smell. Filters that aren’t changed regularly also contribute to that bad smell.
• Poor performance. This is often caused by frozen coils and ice that blocks the air conditioning unit’s operation. It can also be caused by clogged condensate drain or dirt in filters and coils. Even the fans an compressor can break down as a result.
• Air conditioner stops working. If your air conditioner suddenly doesn’t work, the fuse or circuit breakers needs to be checked and repaired. The thermostat should also be adjusted and condenser power and furnace power to be turned off.